We understand that our Clients require a more comprehensive and thorough approach. We have developed the Family Risk Management program and consider it as an area of protection and wealth management to prepare for critical situations and to prevent negative consequences as a result of their occurrence.
Our work lies at the intersection of several areas of law: corporate, bankruptcy, criminal, family and inheritance. With considerable experience, including experience in resolving cross-border disputes, we take into account Russian practice and global best practices and new trends in this area. We create and strengthen the basis, using the available legal instruments, to prepare for critical situations and solve our Clients' problems. It is impossible to foresee everything. However, the prepared base will allow you in a short time, in case of a critical situation, to transform and focus your forces in the necessary direction, including the issue of preserving documents that require confidentiality before the critical situation (powers of attorney, trustee's orders, etc.).
THE MAIN AREAS OF THE FAMILY RISK MANAGEMENT PRACTICE ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- prevention of corporate conflicts (participants' agreements (corporate contracts)/shareholder agreements;
- changes in business ownership and management structures;
- preparation of memorandums and business risk assessments;conducting conflict negotiations and resolution of corporate conflicts in pre-trial proceedings);
- structuring of business in cases of separation/ split of business, creation of new directions and control procedures;
- other services.
- Analysis of the probability of bringing the Client to subsidiary liability and the development of documents aimed at protecting the property interests (assets) of the Client and his family.
- preparation of marriage contracts on the division of jointly acquired property incuding all issues of determining the order of communication with the children;
- determination of the child's place of residence (by pretrial and court order);
- the return of children to the place of residence established by a court order (including the resolution of issues where one of the parents is a foreign citizen and permanently resides outside the Russian Federation), including the preparation of draft agreements on the procedure for exercising parental rights and obligations (issues related to child rearing and communication with children);
- representing clients in resolving issues related to alimony obligations of a parent living apart from his or her minor children, including the enforcement of such judgments in a territory outside Russia and arranging for the recovery of alimony payments outside Russia;
- divorce proceedings and the division of jointly acquired property of spouses in the pre-trial and/or trial order, taking into account the interests of minors and other issues of family law.
- development of wills (separate, parallel, joint and other, provided for by the legislation of the Russian Federation);
- consolidation of bequests by using a system of inheritance funds and other structures;
- consolidation of several wills within the Russian Federation and beyond, for the purposes of validity of such wills (without setting subsequent condition);
- representation of heirs' interests upon entering into inheritance rights;
- recognition of rights to inheritance by law, in the case of filing such an application outside of the period prescribed by law representation of heirs in claims aimed at alienation of inherited property (contesting transactions, unfair actions of other heirs, representing clients in claims for recognition of property as escheat, vindication and negative actions, etc.).
- all types of disputes with the media when inaccurate information is posted;
- interaction with the media for the purpose of bringing truthful information to the general public about principals and circumstances changed by unfair publications;
- other disputes.
WHY WORK WITH US
- achievement of results in the interests of the Client’s participation in conflict negotiations and the development of solutions satisfactory to both parties to the conflict;
Representation of the Client in the settlement of family disputes with her spouse (divorce, division of jointly acquired property, alimony obligations). Goal: divorce, minimization of Client's risks and the amount of money the Client will pay to her spouse in division of jointly acquired property, conclusion of the alimony agreement and the agreement on communication procedure with child. Negotiations with the Client's spouse were successful; as a result, we succeeded in obtaining a prenuptial agreement that provided the Client with the entirety of the jointly acquired property with an estimated value of 50 million rubles, and the Client's spouse was given only his personal bank accounts. An agreement on alimony payments and an agreement on communication with the child were also prepared and concluded. The agreements were concluded before filing for dissolution of marriage.
Representation of the Client in the settlement of family disputes with his spouse (divorce, division of jointly acquired property, alimony obligations). Project objective: dissolution of marriage, minimization of Client's risks and the amount of money the Client will pay to his spouse in division of jointly acquired property. Negotiations with the Client's spouse were successful, and as a result, a marriage contract was concluded with the Client's spouse handing over her property with an estimated value of 40 million rubles, and the Client was left with property with a total value of over 210 million rubles. The project is very significant for the Client, as he preserved the integrity of his business and the property he wanted to keep as his sole property.
Legal assistance in a suit brought by his spouse for the dissolution of the marriage, determination of the minor children's residence, recovery of alimony for the minor children and division of the spouses' joint property. The aim: the division of property in the most favorable for the Client way, the establishment of a firm amount of alimony, which does not depend on the amount of income of the Client. For the legal practice the project is important because RI-Consulting was able to achieve the maximum goal set by the Client at the beginning, namely, to conclude amicable agreements on very favorable conditions for the Client (exclude expensive property and income of the Client), and reduce the stated amount of alimony, which did not worsen the financial situation of the children.
Represented the Client in a case regarding the division of the spouses' jointly-held property. The case was complicated by the fact that the value of the property to be divided was about 20 million rubles and the value of the spouses’ debt obligations was about 80 million rubles. At the same time, the Client has four minor children. The Client's goal was fulfilled: the real estate property was preserved to the maximum extent possible, and all debt obligations were left to the second spouse.